PARACETAMOL AND THINGS TO KNOW TO USE IT CORRECTLY
- Dangerous complications of cerebral infarction
- What to know when treating urinary stones?
- 9 warning signs of monkeypox that you need to know
0 Bình luận
Paracetamol is a common pain reliever and fever reducer used by everyone. Despite its widespread popularity, not everyone understands how to use this drug. The following article will help you understand more information about this Paracetamol drug.
The importance of paracetamol in daily life
What is Paracetamol?
Paracetamol, also known as Acetaminophen - is an active ingredient that helps reduce fever quickly and helps relieve pain very well for multiple injuries. With effective pain relief, this drug is an alternative to Aspirin but does not have strong anti-inflammatory properties like Aspirin.
Paracetamol is often indicated to treat common ailments such as headaches, muscle, teeth... and fever. With the advantage of no or very few side effects, paracetamol does not affect the heart, stomach, or respiratory system, and does not cause an imbalance between acids and bases in the body. The drug will take effect after the patient takes about 30-60 minutes and is maintained for about 4-6 hours. The recommended dosage for adults is 500mg.
How to use paracetamol properly?
What are the dosage forms of Paracetamol?
Currently, on the market, there are 3 forms of paracetamol being circulated: oral, suppository, and intravenous.
- Oral form has the following forms:
+ Effervescent tablets with a content of 500mg, including Efferalgan and Effervescent Panadol;
+ Panadol tablets 500mg content;
+ Oral syrup has a strength of 160 mg/5ml (118ml), usually recommended for children;
+ Powder form with the content of Efferalgan 80mg, Efferalgan Hapacol 150mg, and Efferalgan 250mg.
- The form of suppositories has the strength of 80mg, 150mg, and 300mg, usually indicated for children and depending on the different weight of the child to use the appropriate amount.
- Intravenous form with a concentration of 10mg/ml. Indications for this type of use should be under the supervision of a doctor.
Paracetamol is indicated and contraindicated for which subjects?
Normally, the prescribed cases of paracetamol such as mild to moderate pain and fever include headache, muscle pain, arthralgia, backache, toothache, and fever... Some mild cases of arthritis can also occur. Paracetamol is used to relieve pain, but the drug will not be effective in severe arthritis.
Although it is a drug with no or very few side effects, paracetamol is still contraindicated for some of the following cases: People who are sensitive, allergic to paracetamol, people with a history of liver disease, and people who regularly abuse alcohol and stimulants.
Currently, there are no studies to confirm that the drug causes side effects for pregnant or lactating women, but if necessary, patients should consult a doctor.
What precautions should be taken when using paracetamol safely?
To use paracetamol safely, patients need:
Follow the instructions on the product packaging or your doctor's instructions.
- Use the right dose and the right object. For adults, the dose should not exceed 4000mg/day and 1000mg/dose. Do not arbitrarily use paracetamol for children under 2 years old and need to follow the doctor's prescription.
- Use it properly for the drug to work, such as: chewing the medicine thoroughly and then swallowing it for chewable pills, putting it under the tongue to let it dissolve on its own for lozenges, use a measuring device when taking the medicine before taking it. for liquid drugs. Absolutely do not use prescription drugs to drink.
- Do not use alcohol after taking the drug.
- Paracetamol is a brand name for many drugs, so patients should not arbitrarily combine drugs together without a doctor's prescription. Overdose or arbitrary combination can cause liver toxicity.
- In case using the drug but not see improvement, the patient should stop using the drug and consult a doctor.
How to handle in case of paracetamol poisoning.
When suffering from paracetamol poisoning, it is necessary to determine the cause of the poisoning first, usually, the common poisoning cases are as follows:
- The interval between uses is too short, causing the body to overdose on paracetamol;
- Use for too long and continuously;
- Concurrent use of many pain relievers containing Paracetamol.
When detecting a patient with signs of paracetamol poisoning, it is necessary to immediately contact a medical facility for timely intervention with detoxification measures to avoid adverse effects on health, especially the liver. Severe poisoning can cause liver necrosis and death.
Paracetamol is a drug that is considered quite safe and popular, with very good analgesic and anti-inflammatory effects. Because it is a drug, it will still have certain medicinal properties, for safe use, please contact and consult the doctors at Dr. Binh Tele_Clinic for advice and guidance on appropriate drug use.
CS1: DR. BINH TELE_CLINIC
No. 11-13-15 Tran Xuan Soan, Pham Dinh Ho Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: www.drbinh.com
CS2: 365 MEDIHOME THANH LONG CLINIC
1st floor, Executive Building, Thang Long Industrial Park, Dong Anh, Hanoi
Bình luận của bạn