TINNITUS PAIN - SIGNS SHOULD NOT BE SUBJECTIVE
- Special Offers at Dr.Binh Tele_Clinic on Vietnamese Women’s Day
- Dangerous complications of cerebral infarction
- What to know when treating urinary stones?
- 9 warning signs of monkeypox that you need to know
0 Bình luận
Tinnitus is a pain in the inner ear or the patient hears a buzzing sound in the ear. This symptom is often confused with auditory hallucinations in schizophrenia or other psychiatric conditions.
So what is tinnitus pain and what signs should the patient not be subjective?
1. Signs of tinnitus pain
Tinnitus is a common symptom experienced by everyone. The patient will feel a buzzing or buzzing sound in the ear. This is a symptom of an ear disease such as an ear infection, ear injury, or circulatory system disorder. However, if this condition persists with painful symptoms, the patient should pay attention.
Tinnitus pain is classified into 4 types:
- Acute Tinnitus: This condition is not too dangerous, and usually lasts from a few days to a few weeks. The cause of acute tinnitus can be an ear infection, head and neck trauma, or prolonged exposure to loud noises.
- Chronic Tinnitus: This is a symptom of tinnitus that usually lasts more than 3 months. In addition to the causes due to external influences, this symptom is often seen in patients with hearing loss. Chronic tinnitus is very difficult to treat definitively and currently can only be treated at a level that reduces the noise in the ear to make the patient more comfortable.
- Objective tinnitus: Objective tinnitus can be caused by abnormalities of blood vessels (congenital arteriovenous fistula), abnormal mechanical disorders in the tympanic membrane, constriction of the muscles of the palate, and joint disease. temporomandibular… The incidence of tinnitus in the client's ears is usually very low, accounting for only <1% of patients in tinnitus cases.
- Subjective tinnitus: This disease is often quite common, caused by the patient being exposed to too much noise in the environment of industrial parks and construction sites for a long time.
2. Causes of tinnitus pain
- Due to senile deafness (presbycusis): This usually occurs in elderly patients, about 60 years of age or older. At this age, people's hearing becomes poor, often appear earache, tinnitus;
- Occupational disease or long-term exposure to loud noise: Patients with tinnitus pain due to exposure to noise causing hearing loss such as listening to loud music, or construction site noise. However, this is a temporary tinnitus pain, patients only need to adjust their lifestyle, and hearing will recover;
- Tinnitus pain caused by earwax: Earwax has the role of protecting the ear canal from dirt and slowing the growth of bacteria. But if too much earwax accumulates, it will cause hearing loss or irritate the eardrum, causing the patient to have tinnitus, even prolonged ear pain;
Tinnitus pain due to head or neck trauma;
- Tinnitus pain is caused by an auditory nerve tumor, also known as a vestibular neuroma. With this disease, the tumor will grow on the cranial nerve that runs from the brain to the ear, causing tinnitus in 1 left or right ear;
- The cause of tinnitus pain also comes from a number of malignancies such as atherosclerosis, high blood pressure, capillary defects, or side effects of some drugs such as antibiotics, and cancer drugs letters.
- Tinnitus is caused by less common causes such as Meniere's disease (an unusual ear disorder) and temporomandibular joint syndrome (TMJ).
3. Does prolonged tinnitus affect the patient's health?
Although tinnitus pain does not seriously affect the patient's health, this prolonged condition will bring discomfort and inconvenience to the patient because the ability to hear is impaired.
When ear pain or tinnitus is accompanied by symptoms such as dizziness, hearing loss, headache, or other ear diseases, the patient should contact Dr. Binh Tele_Clinic for advice and appropriate treatment.
There is currently no specific cure for tinnitus. Patients can actively prevent this disease by properly cleaning their ears, using headphones at a moderate volume level, using protective buttons when exposed to frequent noise environments, etc. Get healthy periodically to detect early signs of ear diseases.
CS1: DR. BINH TELE_CLINIC
No. 11-13-15 Tran Xuan Soan, Pham Dinh Ho Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org – Website: www.drbinh.com