WHAT YOU NEED TO KNOW ABOUT ANEMIA?
- Dangerous complications of cerebral infarction
- What to know when treating urinary stones?
- 9 warning signs of monkeypox that you need to know
- PARACETAMOL AND THINGS TO KNOW TO USE IT CORRECTLY
0 Bình luận
Anemia is an imbalance in the body's nutrition that prevents the body from getting enough iron. Anemia will become serious if the patient is subjective. How to know if the body is anemic and anemia is a disease or not?
Is anemia dangerous?
1. What is anemia?
Blood is one of the main elements that play a role in protecting and nourishing the body. There are 3 types of blood cells in the body: white blood cells, platelets, and red blood cells. Each type of cell will have a different job to keep the body healthy. When one of these cells is deficient or imbalanced, it will seriously affect the patient's health.
The reason why blood is red is that red blood cells contain hemoglobin - an iron-rich protein, which is also the component that gives blood its red color. The role of hemoglobin in red blood cells will allow red blood cells to transport oxygen from the lungs to other parts of the body and help transport carbon dioxide out.
Red blood cells are produced in the marrow and will receive nutrients from the food we eat every day to convert into blood, so anemia is caused by the marrow not producing enough red blood cells to carry oxygen to the body. the aunt of the body.
2. How to recognize anemia?
Some common forms of anemia in patients are as follows:
- Anemia due to acute and chronic blood loss: Patients with anemia in this form are usually patients with accidents, severe trauma; Gastro-duodenal bleeding, or chronic anemia due to parasitic infections, hemorrhoids…
- Anemia is caused by a lack of substances in the body, also known as nutritional anemia: In order to create blood, the body needs to be provided with enough nutrients such as iron, vitamin B12, folic acid, and vitamin C, and protein... to produce it. erythrocytes. If there is a lack of one of these substances or the amount supplied to the body is not enough, the body will not have enough red blood cells;
- Anemia due to disorders of hematopoiesis: Usually, patients with this form of anemia often have marrow-related diseases such as marrow failure, bone marrow dysplasia, bone marrow compression, or cancer…
- Hemolytic anemia: This is a disease of red blood cells such as target or sickle cell disease, G6PD deficiency, hemoglobin disorder in thalassemia or infectious diseases, or infections or blood poisoning.
Anemia can be temporary or pathological. Therefore, patients need to see a doctor to be examined and promptly detect the symptoms of serious disease.
So what are the warning signs that the body is anemic?
When anemia, patients will have basic symptoms such as tinnitus, dizziness, and dizziness. For patients with anemia for a long time, there will be sudden fainting, palpitations, pale skin pigmentation, hair loss, heart palpitations, and in some cases loss of appetite and shortness of breath.
3. Is anemia dangerous?
Is anemia dangerous is the problem that Dr. Binh Tele_Clinic received from patients. The temporary anemia does not affect too much health and the patient will recover if the body's nutrition is rebalanced. However, most cases of anemia have the risk of becoming a warning sign for a dangerous disease and affecting the function of organs in the patient's body.
Some diseases will appear if the anemia is prolonged, such as the decline in the function of the heart, kidneys, and the body's recovery. For women who are pregnant, if anemia is present, there is a risk of premature birth.
4. How to prevent and treat anemia effectively?
There are many causes of anemia, so depending on the condition of each patient to have appropriate treatment. To prevent anemia, we need to provide enough nutrients such as iron and vitamins for the body.
For patients with anemia due to nutritional imbalance in the body, patients need to follow the doctor's instructions in supplementing nutrients and vitamins. The excess nutrients in the diet are not necessarily good for the body, sometimes even counterproductive, affecting the health of the patient.
Anemia is caused by chronic diseases such as:
- Anemia due to kidney disease: The patient may have to inject the hormone erythropoietin to stimulate hematopoiesis;
- In some cases of anemia due to diseases of red blood cells, patients need to use hydroxyurea as prescribed by the doctor;
- If the patient's anemia is severe enough to be life-threatening, the doctor will prescribe a blood transfusion with the same blood type when necessary;
- Many cases will require a marrow transplant, plasma exchange, or removal of the spleen to regenerate red blood cell production.
Anemia not only affects the health of the patient but also is one of the warning signs of other dangerous diseases. When anemia is detected, the patient needs to contact medical facilities to have blood tests done, thereby serving as a basis for diagnosing health status.
CS1: DR. BINH TELE_CLINIC
No. 11-13-15 Tran Xuan Soan, Pham Dinh Ho Ward, Hai Ba Trung District, Hanoi
Email: email@example.com – Website: www.drbinh.com
CS2: 365 MEDIHOME THANH LONG CLINIC
1st floor, Executive Building, Thang Long Industrial Park, Dong Anh, Hanoi
Bình luận của bạn